Monday, 19 November 2012

Aussie Curves: Strapless

When the ladies of Aussie Curves put the weekly challenge of strapless out there, I thought, well that's me out, I don't do strapless! ...and there are a few reasons why. Some ladies have mentioned they don't like showing their arms or shoulders, that doesn't worry me so much, but the things that I don't like are tan marks and hitching. And having an 14FF chest, I'm not a fan of strapless bra's either.

I thought about making a dress out of a man's shirt, but when Melissa of Suger Coat It made the most amazing strapless dress from her maxi skirt, I thought, hey, maybe I could do something similar.

I bought this silky wrap around skirt from the St Vincents de Paul op shop in Moss Vale. I loved the fabric with a coral, blossom and kind of map pattern. I wasn't so keen on the full length and thought about remixing it, somehow. Just last week it was back in the op shop or clothes swap pile, but I must say, I do love it as a strapless dress.
Wrap skirt as dress - Vinnies Moss Vale
Bangle - Polka Luka




11 comments:

  1. oh that dress is just beautiful! and you look gorgeous in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why we do these challenges. It looks lovely on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print on that dress! You look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this look on you! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for your lovely comments!
    Artymarty, totally agree with you and the challenges make me think outside the square.
    Jen, the print is amazing and that's what attracted me to it. It looks handmade and has no labels so I'm not entirely sure where it is from.
    And ladies, if you like op shopping and want some expensive clothes at op shop prices (and life in the Sydney area) I suggest a trip to the Southern Highlands - Bowral, Mittagong and Moss Vale have some swanky clothes in their op shops! :D x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt totally works as a strapless dress, and you look fantastic! You must keep it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Fab twist to your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo!! Gorgeous. So perfect, great skirt/dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies for your lovely comments :) and yes Lisa, I am totally keeping it! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great. I read the 'make a dress out of a shirt link. Very interesting how that is done.

    ReplyDelete